Contains howitstarted.taf
Download from Delron
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

How It All Started

by Kevin Treadway

2003

No member reviews yet - be the first

Development System: ADRIFT
TUID: 7efmw1y686b9e486

4th Place - ADRIFT End Of Year Comp 2003

Delron Review Compilation
This had good points and bad points. On the good side of things, it was very well written (I especially liked the jokey style of writing that was evident throughout) and had a few interesting puzzles. The difficulty was set reasonably low, allowing the player to progress quite a way through without running into problems. On the down side, there were quite a few commands that aren't very obvious and would never have occurred to me if I hadn't read the walkthru: entering the grotto (at a time when I thought I *was* in the grotto); entering the basket but not being able to climb into it; and a particularly bad bug right at the end that rendered the game unfinishable ("flip switch" as detailed in the walkthru didn't work). Even entering the commands as detailed in the walkthru didn't allow me to finish the game. A pity because aside from these annoying aspects, this was a pretty decent game.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Richard Otter on 27 April 2019 at 11:20am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item