La Princesse spéculaire

by Nathanaël Marion profile

Après la mort de ma mère, j'ai découvert dans son journal que les contes qu'elle me racontait quand j'étais enfant avaient un fond de vérité.

C'est ce qui m'a lancé sur les traces de la mystérieuse Princesse spéculaire.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: February 14, 2022
Development System: Dialog
IFID: 1F47EA6F-E7D6-4186-AE44-13F769C9A4A4
TUID: 6up4nt84pugih5mr

4th Place, Best game; 3rd Place, Best technical; 3rd Place, Best writing; Winner, Best use of theme - French Comp 2022

A brief but imaginative French Dialog game about mirrored secrets, February 20, 2022

This game is most likely the first Dialog game written in French (for the 2022 French IFComp). As someone who's currently writing an English Dialog game, I was intrigued by this.

The author admittedly had to rush this game, but it feels pretty smooth overall. I only found one error message not translated ('You can't go in that direction', I think). I did feel like a lot of synonyms and alternate solutions were missing (especially for [mild early spoiler](Spoiler - click to show)trying to get the shining object stuck in the rubble; I tried PRENDRE, PRENDRE AVEC BRANCHE, POUSSER AVEC BRANCH, etc.). Thankfully, there's a walkthrough.

Story wise, your mother always told you sweet stories about a mirrored princess in an enchanted land. But when she dies, the journals she leaves you have notes and maps that indicate it all may be true.

I found the story quite cute and liked the ending. If the game were polished a bit more I think it would be quite good, despite its brevity.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Natrium729 on 15 February 2022 at 12:14am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item