The Unfinished Country

by Phantom Williams profile

post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, journey

A post-apocalyptic story of power, corruption, fear, hunger, waiting.

First Publication Date: June 21, 2014
License: Free
TUID: 6j6zhwtau4d0oy0j

Unpleasant, November 2, 2014

This was... well done, I guess. But very much not my kind of story. Maybe fans of Cormac McCarthy's The Road would like it?

Every element of the storygame was just so... unpleasant that near the end I almost stopped because the unrelenting unlikability of the point of view I embodied was forcing me to disengage. I'm not sure there was much payoff either.

Still, it was well put together, and I'm sure people who like that kind of thing will enjoy it.

If you enjoyed The Unfinished Country...

People who like The Unfinished Country also gave high ratings to these games:

HOLY ROBOT EMPIRE, by Caleb Wilson (as Ralph Gide)
You are going to find the Robopope and then kiss its papal ring, or your name isnít Morgen Santamore.

Gun Mute, by C.E.J. Pacian
Step into the shoes of Mute Lawton, a lone cowboy who must stop an execution set to occur at noon by shooting his way past dangerous cyborgs and mutants in a post-apocalyptic western setting. (From the IndieGames.com review.) Gun Mute is...

Dual Transform, by Andrew Plotkin
This game takes place in a single room ó but not always the same one. The room contains just one item, but again, there's more to it than that. Experiment and enjoy.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by phantomwilliams on 21 June 2014 at 7:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item