The Unfinished Country

by Phantom Williams profile

post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, journey

A post-apocalyptic story of power, corruption, fear, hunger, waiting.

First Publication Date: June 21, 2014
License: Free
TUID: 6j6zhwtau4d0oy0j

Unpleasant, November 2, 2014

This was... well done, I guess. But very much not my kind of story. Maybe fans of Cormac McCarthy's The Road would like it?

Every element of the storygame was just so... unpleasant that near the end I almost stopped because the unrelenting unlikability of the point of view I embodied was forcing me to disengage. I'm not sure there was much payoff either.

Still, it was well put together, and I'm sure people who like that kind of thing will enjoy it.

If you enjoyed The Unfinished Country...

People who like The Unfinished Country also gave high ratings to these games:

Traveler, by Caelyn Sandel
Your awakening is slow and feels strange. You must have slept for a long time. As you float fitfully toward consciousness, you find yourself wondering if there is a word to describe the way one forgets a vivid dream after a long slumber....

The Coffin Maker, by A.M. LeBlanc
The world is dying. And you are the COFFIN MAKER.

Pool Dominator, by Andrew Watt (as Destiny Spearmint)
This is your pool. There are others like it, but this one is yours. An entry in ShuffleComp: Disc 2. Inspired by "Fuego" by Bomba Estereo.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by phantomwilliams on 21 June 2014 at 7:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item