Gerbil Riot of '67

by Simon Avery

1988

Slightly Unhinged Fun, April 15, 2008
by somegirl (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
Related reviews: hints

I had fun with this one. The puzzles/places/NPCs were my favorite kind of bizarre. I would have liked more objects to be implemented, at least to the point of having descriptions. I guess it keeps you focused on what you actually need to interact with, but it's frustrating to read in a room description that there are interesting pictures on the wall and then that you can't see any pictures/see nothing interesting about the wall. Still, good game, I enjoyed it.

There were a couple places I got stuck, and would have liked hints rather than having to look at the solution - so here are some of the hints I could have used. They are somewhat spoilerful, so don't read unless you actually need to!

Hint 1:
(Spoiler - click to show)The film playing in the cinema is a clue. Don't immediately forget what was happening in it like I did.

Hint 2:
(Spoiler - click to show)One puzzle involves putting several objects together to make a composite object. Trying to put the pieces together yourself doesn't work, just say "make object".

Hint 3:
(Spoiler - click to show)You have to deal with the Psychiatrist before you can do anything with Harry Houdini or Arnold the Annoying. Make something old-school psychiatrists would be interested in, and then give it to him (i.e. you can't just show it to him).