You will need a DOS emulator to play, such as DOSBox.
mordred.zip
MS-DOS Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Mordred Manor

by Pete Gardner profile

Haunted House/Seasonal
1987

- From the packaging:

You are lost, on Hallowe'en Night!

The only way out of an endless back alley is through a decrepit old house known only to few as Mordred Manor.

Are you prepared, in the course of your adventures, to deal with an insane maestro, a sleepy skeleton, a mad scientist and his strangely familiar creation, and a bizarre chef, who would be delighted to have you for dinner...once you are properly cooked, of course.

Mordred Manor awaits. Do you dare enter?

- From the author:

Mordred Manor is the first of a series of four text adventure games I wrote for MindMeld Software, a company I started back in the mid-eighties. It was published under Signature Software, another company I was involved in. Until recently, I didnít even think to check whether it had made it to the Archive or not, but apparently it has. Of the four, this was the only shareware game. I hereby release it to the public domain. If I ever find copies of the other three, Iíll release them, too. If anyone is interested in helping me on this, the titles of the remaining games are The Funhouse, The Ruby of Ordeb, and The Trollmasterís Castle.

Anyone who plays this will be able to tell it came straight out of the eighties. The grammar is simplistic, the story does not attempt to be anything but fantastical, and you can die a lot. Itís designed for younger audiences (tweens specifically, although that term had yet not been coined then), but some of you grown-ups may still get a kick out of it.

You will need a DOS emulator to play this game, such as DOSBox

License: Public Domain
Development System: Custom
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
IFID: MZ-0FE91517FB3AB0A1E71744F39C6F5A28
TUID: 0n0yf75eg6z8mbl9

If you enjoyed Mordred Manor...

People who like Mordred Manor also gave high ratings to these games:

Achilles ii: The Chykri, by Chase223 and Steve24833
Play as Achilles, the leader of the new Coalition of humans, aliens and machines, to combat a new threat: The Chykri. Attempt to keep the Coalition together and fight not only to win, but to survive. This is a sequel to our previous...

Father Leofwine is Dead, by Pugpup
Someone cut the wise old priest's throat, and everyone at court is a suspect. Who murdered him, and how will King Alfred fight the Danes without his right hand man? Winner of Mizal's 2019 Lone Hero contest. Approximately 34,000 words.

Infidel, by Michael Berlyn
Infidel finds you marooned by your followers in the heart of the deadly Egyptian Desert. A soldier of fortune by trade, you've come hither in search of a great lost pyramid and its untold riches. Now, alone, you must locate and gain...

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Pete Gardner on 16 January 2010 at 12:44am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item