Zip archive of the ORC2007 entries *
Contains puzzlebox.taf
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.
puzzlebox.zip *
Contains puzzlebox.taf

The Puzzle Box

by Richard Otter profile

2007

An entry in the 2007 One Room Game Competition. Your objective is to escape the room by solving a number of logic puzzles.

Development System: ADRIFT
IFID: ADRIFT-400-2C58237CDD05D7710D4CFCC58A268509
TUID: zaxy9k3pbyy86e0g

Off-Site Reviews

Delron
Review Compilation
Some of the puzzles seemed a little random and even counter-intuitive. The clock tower puzzle had me stumped until I looked at the walkthrough and saw that it wasn't enough to set the clock to the same time that I was seeing. I didn't pick this up at all - maybe it was referred to in the game and I missed it. And the less said about the 'examine ceiling' puzzle the better. That one totally blind-sided me.

I played this one to completion because I thought it had a great hook. If it wasn't beta-tested then it should have been, and a more rewarding ending would do wonders for this game.

Page Update History