Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

Beagle 2

by Larry Horsfield

You hear on the TV news that the Beagle 2 Mars lander has been spotted on the surface of the planet by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. You go to sleep that night but you have a strange dream about flying to Mars in an FTL ship and next thing you are standing on the surface of the planet with Beagle 2 in front of you... and suddenly you realise that this is no dream!

First Publication Date: February 17, 2015
Development System: ADRIFT
IFID: ADRIFT-500-20D9-EC00-42A9-B54C-D2D2AB1B3160
TUID: f12ornm06tedpfgf

Off-Site Reviews

Delron Compilation Reviews
Another very game, and I'm ashamed to admit I had to peek at the developer for this one. If the puzzle in the other entry was too obvious, I feel like this one wasn't clued enough...but then again maybe I've just been trained too well that 'violence isn't the answer'. ;) Other than my problem figuring out the command to complete it, I really enjoyed the setting and would play the heck out of a larger game set on Mars, though I'm afraid the author will never convert me to his love of yellow text. The location was sparse without many objects to interact with, but every logical command I tried was covered which is something I always like to see. I appreciated being able to choose the gender of the character, even if it might have been handled smoother without the 'yes/no' popup box.

Page Update History

v.2: 18-Mar-2021 21:33 - Richard Otter (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed external review links