realm.gam

IFID: TADS2-BFF25AD2817A56FC6DF6B210818DF5AC
TUID: eb2s3iln706x75ma

Off-Site Reviews

SPAG

I wasn't wild about the setting, I wasn't wild about the puzzles, and most of the writing was dismaying. I only found one bug, but it was an odd one -- I could ask myself questions and always get back the response "I don't know much about that." Those issues aside, though, the ending was very funny. It's almost worth playing the game just to see the ending... but I would rather see a better version of the game, instead -- one where the journey is just as pleasing as the destination.
-- Carolyn Magruder

>VERBOSE -- Paul O'Brian's Interactive Fiction Page

The Realm feels like an old-school IF throwback. I mean, for one thing, it's about a knight on a quest to obtain the head of a dragon. It's set in the usual faux-medieval milieu -- a castle, a king, a tavern, and so forth... Still, the old school has its charms. Once you stop expecting an interesting story or a logically consistent world, The Realm can be a pleasant place to spend an hour or two.

Page Update History

v.3: 27-Aug-2013 09:25 - Edward Lacey (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed external review links