Requires a Glulx interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links.
Map
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Les Heures du vent

by Eric Forgeot profile

2007

In a mid-fantasy, medieval world, Zéphyr awakes in the inn of a little village, where the mayor, the magician and the sheriff have strange behaviors. His initial goal is to find a lost book full of fairytales, but is this so important in a region which is almost at war?

Language: French (fr)
IFID: 5E08E885-5274-4A2A-A547-48CE04893231
TUID: ykwpwo9rx51a12pr

1st Place - French Comp 2007

Half an hour of wind, November 30, 2020
by Rovarsson (Belgium)

I really liked the premise of this game: a young Storyteller asked by the local mage to find an especially evocative children's storybook.

I had wandered around the entire accessible map, enjoying the superb location descriptions. Maybe French is a better language for poetic ways of saying how a town square surrounded with linden-trees looks like? (Yes, the game is in French.) After a while though, I started noticing a particularly large amount of objects where the response to X was "You see nothing special about..." (translated of course.)

A better look at the title page and info showed that this is "un aventure en devenir." "An adventure in progress" that is. So I stopped. This version is from 2007, so I doubt the finished story will ever be published. Too bad, the descriptions are really good.

(I do keep wondering how this piece got 1st place in FrenchComp. Maybe because it's probably possible to play to the end, just very underimplemented?)

If you enjoyed Les Heures du vent...

People who like Les Heures du vent also gave high ratings to these games:

La Mort Pour Seul Destin, by FibreTigre
Vous êtes si fatigué… Avec violence, on vous jette à terre. Vous perdez connaissance quelques instants, et vous devinez que l’on vous retire brutalement vos chaînes. « Debout, vaurien ! »

The Price of Magik, by Pete Austin, Nick Austin, Mike Austin, and James Horsler
The dying light of the Red Moon has been captured in a crystal by the magicians of Baskalos to act as the last repository of magik. Its guardian for many years has been Myglar, a wise and respected sorcerer. But unbeknownst to the other...

Lieux Communs, by FibreTigre, Samuel Verschelde, Eric Forgeot, Hugo Labrande and Jean-Luc Pontico
Made for the Lovecraft's Common Place project. The player is wandering in a distant place, and discovers an abandoned caravan. After a quick exploration, the player can experience new places and worlds by finding some objects in the...

Les Heures du vent appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My favorite modern IF games in French by Eriorg
Here are my favorite modern (i.e. since 2000) IF games in French. This selection is, of course, entirely subjective. --- Voici mes jeux IF modernes (i.e. depuis 2000) en français préférés. Ce choix est bien sûr tout à fait subjectif.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 10:38pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item