My Town

by Anastasia Salter profile

There is a "Dementia Village" near Amsterdam, where residents with Alzheimer’s are intended to live normally, with everyone in the town--shopkeepers, restaurant staff–--actually employees of the care-taking facility. Would this village be a dream or a nightmare?

First Publication Date: March 23, 2014
TUID: wtzeaxplw69xlohv

Good Concept!, March 26, 2014
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)

This game purports to simulate a PC with Alzheimer's disease in a city that caters to Alzheimer's patients. I thought this was a cool concept. I played through pretty quickly. The text is nicely styled to avoid the annoying tiny print white on black. It appears there are multiple paths, and the Twine does that "switch word when you click" thing. Due to the concept, though, I wasn't so much in control as I would have liked or needed to be given the status of the PCs health. Worth a play.

If you enjoyed My Town...

People who like My Town also gave high ratings to these games:

Digital Witnesses, by rosencrantz
You are on the run, but why? A short fiction created in twenty-three Twine passages, prompted by a challenge on Twinery.org.

You Were Made For Loneliness, by Tsukareta
It’s the future. The remnants of humanity, in the aftermath of a cataclysmic event known only as The Fall, have fled a dying homeworld to seek refuge among the colonies of the solar system. Twenty years later in a small pawnshop on...

Horse Master, by Tom McHenry
The Game of Horse Mastery

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Anastasia Salter on 26 March 2014 at 3:48pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item