My Town

by Anastasia Salter profile

There is a "Dementia Village" near Amsterdam, where residents with Alzheimer’s are intended to live normally, with everyone in the town--shopkeepers, restaurant staff–--actually employees of the care-taking facility. Would this village be a dream or a nightmare?

First Publication Date: March 23, 2014
TUID: wtzeaxplw69xlohv

Good Concept!, March 26, 2014
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)

This game purports to simulate a PC with Alzheimer's disease in a city that caters to Alzheimer's patients. I thought this was a cool concept. I played through pretty quickly. The text is nicely styled to avoid the annoying tiny print white on black. It appears there are multiple paths, and the Twine does that "switch word when you click" thing. Due to the concept, though, I wasn't so much in control as I would have liked or needed to be given the status of the PCs health. Worth a play.

If you enjoyed My Town...

People who like My Town also gave high ratings to these games:

Digital Witnesses, by rosencrantz
You are on the run, but why? A short fiction created in twenty-three Twine passages, prompted by a challenge on Twinery.org.

For Rent: Haunted House, by Gavin Inglis
In For Rent: Haunted House, it's your job to rent out a haunted house before your tyrannical boss has you fired. How will you screw over your tenants? Will you ignore inconvenient supernatural phenomena, or use them to drum up publicity?...

Horny Game, by CAMMY
Games have needs, too. --- Genre: Interactive Fiction, Adventure Tags: Adult, Comedy, Erotic, Psychological Horror, Romance, Text based Average session:A few minutes

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Anastasia Salter on 26 March 2014 at 3:48pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item