Life in a Northern Town

by People + Places

An illegal solution to overwhelming debts leads to danger, deception, revenge and murder.

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
TUID: tripjlpq996sqita

Entrant, Back Garden - Spring Thing 2018

A sprawling multi-platform tale about crime and love in North Dakota, April 8, 2018
Related reviews: 2-10 hours

This is a very large game/story, comprising 3 Twine stories, 1 inklewriter story, 1 Instagram album, and three wordpress blog entries.

Reading quickly, even skimming from time to time, it took around 3 hours to finish.

The story is compelling: an unemployed woman gets a business opportunity from her brother that's too good to be true.

It's gritty and dark. It's full of profanity, which I filtered on my computer. It's also completely believable.

I'm giving it 4 stars because the fifth star is for "would I play it again?" and while it was very compelling, I felt mildly traumatized by the time I was done.

If you enjoyed Life in a Northern Town...

People who like Life in a Northern Town also gave high ratings to these games:

Fingertips: Fingertips, by Michael D. Hilborn

Human Errors, by Katherine Morayati
A contractor assigned to handle bug reports for a wearable mood-regulation device becomes unwitting witness to trauma and crime.

Distress, by Mike Snyder
Lieutenant Huchess came to, an hour or so ago. That was around the time Runoma, blazing orange-hot so near this, its second planet, fell below the distant, jagged crag line. Ensign Covegn died not long after -- Sandra Marie Covegn, both...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 7 April 2018 at 8:48am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item