Life in a Northern Town

by People + Places

An illegal solution to overwhelming debts leads to danger, deception, revenge and murder.

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
TUID: tripjlpq996sqita

Entrant, Back Garden - Spring Thing 2018

A sprawling multi-platform tale about crime and love in North Dakota, April 8, 2018
Related reviews: 2-10 hours

This is a very large game/story, comprising 3 Twine stories, 1 inklewriter story, 1 Instagram album, and three wordpress blog entries.

Reading quickly, even skimming from time to time, it took around 3 hours to finish.

The story is compelling: an unemployed woman gets a business opportunity from her brother that's too good to be true.

It's gritty and dark. It's full of profanity, which I filtered on my computer. It's also completely believable.

I'm giving it 4 stars because the fifth star is for "would I play it again?" and while it was very compelling, I felt mildly traumatized by the time I was done.

If you enjoyed Life in a Northern Town...

People who like Life in a Northern Town also gave high ratings to these games:

Just another Fairy Tale, by Finn Rosenløv
Little did you know that when you went to bed that night, and your mom had kissed you good night and left you room, that you would embark on an adventure beyond your wildest dreams. An unexpected visit of a wizard sets things in motion,...

Sixth Grade Detective, by Laura Hughes
Round up the usual suspects—the mean girl, the new kid, the bully, the nerd, maybe even your best friend! As the sixth grade detective, you'll spy on classmates for cash—will you keep their secrets or take the money? "Sixth Grade...

Computerfriend, by Kit Riemer
The year is 1999. The place is Godfield, Louisiana: the tech capital of the world, where the sky bleeds acid and the mud boils in the bayou. It’s time for your state-mandated digital therapy.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 7 April 2018 at 8:48am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item