Les Androïdes

by Atozi

Ils sont parmi nous !

Et si un jour des hommes faisaient la découverte qu'ils étaient en réalité des androïdes ? Quel impact cela aurait-il sur la société ? Et surtout : que feriez-vous ? Découvrez-le dans cette nouvelle interactive qui vous fera explorer les points de vue et les réflexions de six personnages dont les choix influenceront, à leur niveau, le destin des androïdes.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: February 14, 2022
Development System: Ink
TUID: tkb7p25gqy2zrcvy

3rd Place, Best game; 8th Place, Best technical; 1st Place, Best writing - French Comp 2022

A hard-hitting series of vignettes about androids and white male culture, February 22, 2022

This 2022 French IFComp game really reminded me of 60s and 70s science fiction books of my dad's, which often had hard-hitting social issues not as an allegory but as the main feature of the story, with the science fiction only serving to shed light on the bigger issue.

This game is about androids but also about young white men, incel culture, etc.

In 5 short vignettes (and an epilogue), we encounter a growing number of young men who are convinced that they are not human, but are, in fact, androids.

But strangely it is only androids, and not gynoids. No minorities think they are androids either.

It's worth reading. For a non-native speaker, it felt long, but it was around 7K words total in my playthrough, so definitely doable. Gave me a lot of thoughts and taught me a lot about French slang and 'cuisine bretonne'.
Your choices in each story generally are about choosing between making a situation more volatile or making things more calm. The interactivity felt a little weak; occasionally it seemed clear my choices were doing something to the story but often it didn't feel that way. The excellent writing did a lot to mitigate that.

If you enjoyed Les Androïdes...