Steam
for Windows, Mac, and Linux
App Store
for iPhone, iPad, and iPod
Google Play Store
for Android

Undercover Agent

by Naomi Laeuchli

Espionage

Think fast and lie faster! When you go undercover to retrieve a deadly new bio-weapon, can you pull off the mission and escape with your life?

Undercover Agent is an interactive novel by Naomi Laeuchli. It's entirely text-based--135,000 words, without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

You are the top operative at the DTU (Domestic Terrorist Unit), a covert agency that specializes in investigating terrorist groups on US soil. As Silas Bishop's administrative assistant, you are in a prime position to spy on his business and search for the deadly weapon his scientists have engineered. But word has leaked there’s a mole, and you’re running out of time.

Can you depend on your computer hacking skills to get you out of a tight spot or will you count on your brawn? Would you rather sneak where you shouldn’t be found or bluff your way in with pure charisma and charm? And what about those friends you’ve made while undercover? Can they be trusted, or would you rather just use them? Cover your tracks, delay the mole hunt, and plot your escape.

• Rescue your best friend or leave him to his fate
• Avoid detection or kill those who suspect you
• Find love with your handler or even your enemy’s son
• Frame your coworkers or protect them
• Plant bugs, hack computers, crawl through vents, and use your charms
• Bribe, torture, or threaten information from targets
• Go on the run or earn a promotion
• Expose the mole in your own agency or join forces
• Retrieve the weapon, destroy it, or sell it

First Publication Date: January 25, 2018
License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: svwyui3284c0xaq4

A spy thriller without thrills, March 11, 2021

This game is a spy thriller, just like the last Choice of Games entry I played, 'It's Killing Time'.

But in a way, they're kind of opposites. 'It's Killing Time' was a series of one blood bath after another with overwrought emotions.

By contrast, Undercover Agent is, at times, bland. You are an agent for a generic government agency, and you work undercover at a fairly generic company. Everything in this game is done competently, but it just didn't 'pop' for me.

The stats had some good variety, but most choices for stats were fairly simple. The big choices that you could make in the game were 'like your bosses and be nice to them' or not, and 'blackmmail people or not'.

In a lot of ways, this game reminds me of my own game I wrote for CoG, so I definitely don't think I could do better, personally. But, just like my game, I feel like this could have used a little bit more. I think that as of now, my favorite spy game from CoG is 180 Files: The Aegis Project.

If you enjoyed Undercover Agent...