From the Darkness

From the Darkness

by kblob78

Sci-Fi
2013

(Beta version... it's not complete. Please tell me if you like it, give me constructive criticism, and point out any bugs.)

(No hating, please. I'm only 11 and this is my first text based adventure; all my writing has been poetry & short stories before.)

You wake up in an ancient, overgrown room, wondering how you got there, and curiosity gets the best of you. You learn that you're a member of the HSCP, the Homo Sapiens Continuity Program, and that you were awakened from your sleep, nearly two thousand years long, after the apocalypse. After escaping the bunker near what was once the city of New Orleans, of which you were the only living inhabitant, you have one piece of information. A location.

Camelback Mountain, Arizona.

It's your only lead, your only purpose. You must get to Camelback Mountain, and find out what went down so many years ago- and even find other survivors, so you can restart the human race, and accept the second chance you were given. But you must race against the clock, as all is not as it seems in this new world...

First Publication Date: November 17, 2013
Development System: quest
IFID: 1027A1A1-C50C-4750-97D4-9BBCA57AE274
TUID: q6gm35w76qk5zq1z

If you enjoyed From the Darkness...

People who like From the Darkness also gave high ratings to these games:

the morning after, by verityvirtue
It's been a long night. We've not had a proper sleep. But we seize this moment of peace. Made for the Tiny Utopias jam.

Office Harassment, by Lost Trout
Your co-worker Heather is so kind-hearted and meek that everyone takes advantage of her. You want to protect her, but maybe you are the one she needs to be protected from....

The Bannochburn Legacy, by Tim Hartnell
Hartnell wrote several compendiums of computer games, such as the Giant Book of Computer Games which usually contained several categories of games which the user could type-in. Bannochburn Legacy is one of these from the adventure...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 11:48pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item