deen-src.zip
(Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Deena of Kolini

by E. L. Cheney

1986

Development System: GAGS
TUID: puhry0qbl7lfq14q

SPAG
In this game, Ms. Cheney not only provided item descriptions for everything, but also accompanying graphics. The whip, the manacles, the red-hot poker, (no, I am NOT making this up) are all rendered in fairly good quality ASCII line drawings. My favourite one was the scrap of parchment, which should show you how boring I am. The author did not just throw this game together, she obviously worked hard. However, the technology of the day just wasn't enough to give more than a rudimentary result.
-- Graeme Cree

SynTax
The game is described by the author, E L (Ev) Cheney as an "adventure for women warriors". I am a bit confused by this - does he mean it will appeal to women, in which case, Ev, I'd say you were wrong. Does he mean it features a heroine? More likely I think, unless Ev has a strange opinion of what sort of games women like to play. I'm all for a bit of hack and slay myself (though only in adventures, of course) but Deena is R-Rated which means adult-only in the States and thus features a fair amount of rape and torture as well. 'Nuff said.
-- Sue

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 17 April 2013 at 10:25am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item