zx.zip *

Gremlins

by Brian Howarth and Teoman Irmak

Screen/Horror
1984

Kingston Falls is in danger of being over-run with Gremlins, Billy has been tricked by Gizmo's offsprings into feeding them after midnight. The Mogwai have already pupated and turned into the evil Gremlins, and, led by Stripe (the evilest of them all) are now causing chaos all over Kingston Falls. By taking the part of Billy you are now about to embark on a most perilous adventure. Aided by Gizmo it is your task to save Kingston Falls from being over-run with Gremlins.

Spanish and German translations are available for the ZX Spectrum.

Language: German, English, Castilian (de, en, es)
License: Former commercial
IFIDs:  D0723E8E-9C03-4DEF-BE4F-A4B594AD930A
AA9FF03F-FBE3-4767-8ACD-29FBFDCD3A91
TUID: plzdi06otgxs6u2t

SPAG
I realize some of my frustrations have to do with the old school way the game is put together. But all that would be forgiven if you as a player had some interesting things to do. Unfortunately, the entire middle section of Gremlins takes place in an anemically implemented department store, and the endgame is a hit and miss affair I did not find satisfying at all. I finally did manage to finish it, as I mentioned earlier. But in the end, I wondered why I bothered.
-- Harry Hol

If you enjoyed Gremlins...

People who like Gremlins also gave high ratings to these games:

The Black Sanctum, by Stephen O'Dea & Bob Withers
"Encounter the forces of black magic as you roam around an old 18th century monastery. See all the evil locations in this spooky adventure in full hi-res detail. If you like suspense, you’ll love searching out and destroying the evil in...

The Pawn, by Rob Steggles, Peter Kemp, Hugh Steers, Ken Gordon, and Geoff Quilley
The Pawn is an adventure game set in the magical world of Kerovnia during a period of tremendous social upheaval. Recently, King Erik, the present ruler of the land, has started to lose his hold on the Kerovnian peoples and can no longer...

Lord Bellwater's Secret, by Sam Gordon

The following polls include votes for Gremlins:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 9 of this page, edited by Petter Sjölund on 20 February 2022 at 2:24am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item