Download as ZIP
Contains index.html
Zipped files for offline play
Walkthrough and maps

Zeppelin Adventure

by Robin Johnson profile

Piloting a tea-zeppelin on Mars is a lonely job, but this run is nearly over and then you're due for a holiday. That's unless you get sucked into a puzzly adventure involving pterodactyls, robots, paternoster lifts and space elves!

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
Development System: Versificator 2
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
TUID: op5a8ug80gwyoagl

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2018

Liza Daly
"The puzzles are simple by design but often clever; I especially enjoyed one involving whimsical clockwork animals that requires successive playthroughs but is perfectly fair."

Emily Short
"As the cover art suggests, this is a pulpy kind of story that leans into certain genre conventions both present and historical."

An engaging sci-fi tale using a parser-choice hybrid, April 9, 2018
Related reviews: 2-10 hours

I enjoyed this game, which took me a few hours to complete (and one big part I missed out on because I didn't notice a certain room exit).

This game uses the same hybrid system as in Detectiveland and Draculaland, where you choose a noun to hold and various options become available.

The breadth of the puzzles is impressive, and the humor is great. A few times I was frustrated by not knowing what to do, but when I realized what was needed, I felt like the puzzles were fair.

The endings were nice, I think. It's good to have satisfying endings for a game.

If you enjoyed Zeppelin Adventure...

People who like Zeppelin Adventure also gave high ratings to these games:

Hard Puzzle 3 : Origins, by Ade McT
It's not fair. First day on the new job, and it looks like the end of the world is happening. A silly little Speed-IF. But can you solve it? Hall of Fame: CMG Deboriole

A THING CALLED DRACULA, by Matt Halton
You are Benedict Drumm, the practical spy. Dracula kissed your mother and nobody told you. You do not know what Dracula is. You only know that you hate him. You must find Dracula and kill him. You can pick up Dracula's trail at Waterloo...

Dr Ego and the egg of Man-Toomba, by Special Agent
You are Dr Ego, purveyor of artifacts, seeker of treasure, and adventurous archeologist. You explore the jungles of Papua New Guinea with hopes to find a mysterious artifact - the golden egg of Man-Toomba.

Zeppelin Adventure appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Great games set in space by MathBrush
My list for best sci-fi games has grown too large again, and so I'm splitting it off again. This list only includes games whose primary action is off-planet, or which feature exploring an unfamiliar planet, or which feature...

My new walkthroughs for June 2020 by David Welbourn
On Friday June 26, 2020, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! (The walkthroughs for Bullhockey! and Under the Bed were published in May, but I'm adding them to this list because I didn't make a list in May...

The following polls include votes for Zeppelin Adventure:

Choice-based puzzlefests by Spike
I enjoy games with lots of good puzzles, but so far nearly all the ones I've played have a parser-based interface. This poll is to help me find good choice-based puzzlefests.

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible Best Setting of 2018 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2018 which you think might be worth considering for Best Setting in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination.This is not an official list. The point of poll is partly to suggest...

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible Best Overall Puzzles of 2018 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2018 which you think might be worth considering for Best Puzzles in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination.This is not an official list. The point of poll is partly to suggest...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 26 June 2020 at 2:55pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item