Fahrenheit 451

by Len Neufeld and Ray Bradbury

1984

No member reviews yet - be the first

The time is not too long from now. The place is New York City. Yet it is a setting few of us would ever recognize.

For this is a world where simply owning a book is dangerously illegal. Where Firemen come not to save houses, but to burn them for the books inside. And where you, once a dedicated Fireman, are now a rebel with a passion for books --- and the most wanted fugitive in the country.

Fahrenheit 451 is the first computer adventure game to be produced in collaboration with Ray Bradbury. It offers an advanced parser, multiple disk sides for extended play, and the ability to be played with or without graphics. Also included with this package is a specially written prologue by Mr. Bradbury that establishes the background for the game.

License: Commercial (Out of Print)
Development System: SAL
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
TUID: nongg6knn0zr64

If you enjoyed Fahrenheit 451...

People who like Fahrenheit 451 also gave high ratings to these games:

The King of Shreds and Patches, by Jimmy Maher
January 14th Dear friend. My sojourn in parts foreign is at an ende. I am at lodgings in Southwark not far from the bridge at Stoney Street, come dine with me two days hence to ring in the newe year. I have not enjoyed amiable English...

Mentula Macanus: Apocolocyntosis, by One of the Bruces and Drunken Bastard
Stiffy Makane, or rather his ancestor Mentula Macanus, is here subjected to an increasingly-unlikely series of crudely sexual romps through the ancient world. It's sort of like the Satyricon, except not nearly as funny.

LASH -- Local Asynchronous Satellite Hookup, by Paul O'Brian

The following polls include votes for Fahrenheit 451:

Games that are adaptations of conventional (not CYOA) books by ChrisM
I'm interested in games that are straightforward adaptations of conventional books (probably novels, but I'd be interested to know if there are any non-fiction book adaptations). The ones that I know of are The Famous Five and The...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Walter Sandsquish on 19 July 2020 at 1:20pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item