Pumpkin Night on itch.io

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
Development System: Ink
TUID: lrmlbeaknze8nwr7

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A novella-length game about a crew of teenagers and a haunted town, November 5, 2018

This game combines dating game-type choices with complex static storytelling to form a rich interactive game.

You go to a Halloween party, and a lot of people are there. A supernatural event puts the whole town in danger, and you have a group of 8 people you can interact with, including multiple romantic partners.

Most of the choices relate to how you treat people. It doesn't track perfectly, though...I picked constantly to have favorable interactions with one character (Zachary) and twice with another (Ione) and received romantic possibilities only with Ione.

Very impressive. The title and cover art led me to believe it would be a short and under-implemented parser game. Instead, it was a rich and polished novella.

The font was a light grey that was a bit difficult to read, as a warning to the visually impaired.

If you enjoyed Pumpkin Night...

People who like Pumpkin Night also gave high ratings to these games:

The Warlord, The Princess & The Bulldog, by David Whyld

Enigma, by Simon Deimel
Eyes can see, and a mind can think. Insanity is just one step away. You are in a room. That's where you are, and you know exactly what is going on. But the truth is hard to take. The game file includes hints and a walkthrough.

With Those We Love Alive, by Porpentine and Brenda Neotenomie
no dreams written by porpentine scored by brenda neotenomie

Pumpkin Night appears in the following Recommended Lists:

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Stewart C Baker on 2 November 2020 at 4:09pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item