The Emperor's Zoo - Play for free at ChooseYourStory

The Emperor's Zoo

by Ogre profile

Travel

The emperor sends you to a faraway land to capture exotic beasts for his zoo. But a spreading plague, a witch-doctor, and a brewing feud between local tribes presents . . . difficulties.

This is a contest entry for Bucky's December 2017 contest

This ended up being more of a puzzle game than a story. It still has a good story, I think, so I do hope you enjoy it. It will take a little time, there's not a short way through this one!

Development System: ChooseYourStory
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
TUID: ljtc7lxtgptvdpzf

From the Author

by Ogre

Sure, this isn't a massive, 100,000-word story that will suck you in and keep you interested for days. But it is a little world where you can spend some time, solve a puzzle or two, and be entertained (I hope). Try not to get too sidetracked at the start, the story will let you lose sight of the goal completely if you're not focused at all. The puzzles aren't too hard, but one takes some good reading comprehension to get through. I do hope you enjoy this one, I had fun writing it.

If you enjoyed The Emperor's Zoo...

People who like The Emperor's Zoo also gave high ratings to these games:

The Ballad of the Orchard, by Orange
The goddess of an orchard has been alone with only trees for company for the last thousand years. Then one day, a little boy comes to her orchard. There is one true ending, you'll know when you find it because it says "true ending."

Unbroken, by ninjapitka
There is no escaping our nature. It simply exists. The voice within me, the one that causes me to commit terrible deeds, burns a low ember. Still, it remains, always present, always looking for fuel to burn. It wants to escape. I feel...

Homo Perfectus 2, by Sindriv
As a direct continuation from the Super Heroic ending of the first game, Adam saved humanity from Pandora's Box and did so without killing Eve. She's at the hospital and Adam constantly waits for her to wake up. Things start to get...

The Emperor's Zoo appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ogre's Stories by Ogre
A list of stories written by me, Ogre.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 1 March 2021 at 3:12am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item