Ectocomp 2015
Contains ECTOCOMP_2015/Le Grand Guignol/Nine Lives.zblorb
Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Nine Lives

by Merlin Fisher

Horror/Humor

Le Grand Guignol entry in ECTOCOMP 2015.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2015
TUID: k3hdjj6vo9y17ytf

3rd Place, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2015

An ectocomp game about a cat and their nine lives, February 4, 2016

In this shortish parser game, you play a cat in a house with all sort of goofy horrors, anyone of which can destroy you. It turns out that you have nine lives, and need to use them all up.

There are many different ways to go here, from simple deaths to magical and obscure.

This game was intended for the 3 hour comp, but grew and grew, so it was entered in the longer competition.

I found it to be fun for a quick play. Multiple solutions help as well. Good for those looking for a short, humorous game.

If you enjoyed Nine Lives...

People who like Nine Lives also gave high ratings to these games:

Reunion, by James Chew, Failbetter Games
An Evasive Aristocrat has returned to London in search of his old family. Having fatally misplaced his bodyguard, he's in need of a new escort through London's underworld. But how much of his past does he really remember? Why does he...

Toadstools, by Bitter Karella
Greetings, fellow mushroom enthusiast! If you're reading these words, it's because you too have decided to join the exciting and rewarding world of mushroom hunting. The Pamogo Forest is well known throughout the mycology world as the...

Ragnarok: Twilight of the Gods , by Admiral Jota
Late night movie night at your place! Itís two AM, your friends are here, the DVD is already in the machine, and youíre ready to watch. Or are you?

Nine Lives appears in the following Recommended Lists:

The following polls include votes for Nine Lives:

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 4 May 2021 at 10:01pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item