walkthrough.zip
Contains EXILE.Z5
Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Twilight in the Garden of Exile

by Alan Stanley Long

2001

TUID: i9vnsyd2fmlagojb

Baf's Guide

An obscure, literary entry in the Walkthrough Comp, it is (like most other games in the competition) not playable on its own -- but even when played from the walkthrough, it is somewhat unclear exactly what's going on. One senses that a deep meaning is intended; it's just hard to say what that is.

-- Emily Short

Emily Short’s Interactive Fiction Page
Walkthrough Comp
I have the sense that deep meaning is intended here: deep, subtle, modern meaning, intertwisted with Europeanness and Foreignness and... And I even think I have some idea what that meaning might be, though honestly I'm more comfortable saying I understand Lighan ses Lion than this.

I ran into a number of aesthetic bugs (having to do, mostly, with the innovative use of the status bar) that made it hard to see all the text.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Zape on 27 February 2021 at 3:35am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item