tarot dot how

by loveyoumissyou profile

Educational

Tarot.How is a Twine-based tarot card reader, built using the Harlowe storylet system.

I care a lot about tarot as a spiritual practice and as an act of service to others. Reading someone's tarot is, for me, a way of saying I love you, of saying I can hear what you are worried about. It's my way of saying I can hold those things with you. This site was made so that I could always have a tarot deck on me, even when I don't have a tarot deck on me.

I've spent a lot of time trying to decide if I really believed the tarot could translate to the digital world in a serious way. This project is not about gamifying tarot, and this project is not about reifying the myth that the internet is immaterial or somehow divorced from the "real" world. The internet is the real world, and within the real world, I believe tarot offers knowledge.

This project could never replace a tarot deck, and it's not supposed to. But it is designed to remind you of your body and incorporate an act of faith in the drawing of cards in order to present a set of ideas you might not have thought of before. I do believe in it.

Part of the love you miss you club.

First Publication Date: April 7, 2022
TUID: hgm2dqq6bdpxmeku

This is version 1 of this page, edited by loveyoumissyou on 12 July 2022 at 3:17am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item