Play Online

AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS

by Norbez profile

2017

Oh no! Young Polly has been transported to a strange, magical land by an evil wizard. Help her get back home in this Twine adventure! This game was designed as a young player's first introduction to hypertext interactive fiction, but has a story that's sure to charm readers of all ages. It's around 40,000 words, but is split up into good-sized chapters, and a save feature to mark your place when you need to stop reading. Enjoy!

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: d64lo2cr8zlc7toi

29th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

Basically a children's novella with some interactivity, November 17, 2017

I could see myself picking this book up and reading it in the library. You play as an orphan who gets sucked into another world by a mysterious stranger.

This other world is an Oz-like fantasy world that is creatively engineered. A long story plays out.

There's not much interactivity to speak of, though there are options scattered throughout. But I liked this; it reminded me of 'pulpy' kids books that I read when I was a teenager, like Deltora quest.

If you enjoyed AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS...

People who like AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS also gave high ratings to these games:

Invisible Parties, by Sam Kabo Ashwell (as Psychopup)
You are a walker of the ways between the worlds. It is not an arrangement conducive to straightforward relationships. The Three Rebeccas have created a tangle, a temporary artifice woven from parts of many worlds, in order to hold a...

Blood Money, by Hannah Powell-Smith
By the power of your blood, you and your ghosts will take over your crime family! Blood Money is a 290,000-word interactive novel by Hannah Powell-Smith. Itís entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the...

Dungeons of Antur, by Ricardo Oyon Rodriguez
Text adventure with elements of dungeon crawler. Dungeons of Antur is a text adventure specially designed to get started in the genre. It is intended for players from 8 to 12 years old, although older people can play it too. Made for the...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by DashT on 4 February 2018 at 7:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item