Play Online

AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS

by Norbez profile

2017

Oh no! Young Polly has been transported to a strange, magical land by an evil wizard. Help her get back home in this Twine adventure! This game was designed as a young player's first introduction to hypertext interactive fiction, but has a story that's sure to charm readers of all ages. It's around 40,000 words, but is split up into good-sized chapters, and a save feature to mark your place when you need to stop reading. Enjoy!

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: d64lo2cr8zlc7toi

29th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

Basically a children's novella with some interactivity, November 17, 2017

I could see myself picking this book up and reading it in the library. You play as an orphan who gets sucked into another world by a mysterious stranger.

This other world is an Oz-like fantasy world that is creatively engineered. A long story plays out.

There's not much interactivity to speak of, though there are options scattered throughout. But I liked this; it reminded me of 'pulpy' kids books that I read when I was a teenager, like Deltora quest.

If you enjoyed AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS...

People who like AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS also gave high ratings to these games:

Homecoming, by Carolyn VanEseltine
"Homecoming" is a short, twisted comedy about a newly awakened AI.

Honeysuckle, by Cat Manning
A Petite Mort entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

Shipwrecked, by Andrew G. Schneider
A short story of above average adventure in the Endless Desert. Build the journal of a sailor lost in the Sandsea as he searched for both water and a path to publication.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by DashT on 4 February 2018 at 7:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item