Play on ChooseYourStory.com

Secret of the Grass Planet

by Bill Ingersoll

Episode 2 of The Orion Chronicles

It's been four years since you were rescued from Giri Minor, and because of your heroic actions you have been commissioned as an officer in the Astral Navy. Your first assignment as a newly-promoted lieutenant aboard the Starship Orion: search for the noted xenoanthropologist Dr. Lori Munro and her husband Ander Dyo, who have gone missing on the planet Folvan. As you explore the so-called "Grass Planet," known for its expansive prairie environment and bronze-age civilization, you will find that not all is as it seems.

This is a story told in the classical "gamebook" format. This means that it is more narrative-driven and less of a game, with many unique storypaths resulting from the choices you make.

Important Stats:

- 45 endings, with 1 epilogue, told in 105,000 words

- 5 people assigned to your expedition

- 4 missing researchers

- 3 hungry teek-teeks

- 2 Iib Ch'iib raids

- 1 closely-guarded secret... and only 1 way to learn it.

Will you unlock the secret of the Grass Planet?

Additional information: Maturity rating of PG-13
Approximate word count: 102,400

(c) 2019 Bill Ingersoll

First Publication Date: July 1, 2019
Development System: chooseyourstory.com
Forgiveness Rating: Polite
TUID: au963ygk5z2tdqz7

If you enjoyed Secret of the Grass Planet...

People who like Secret of the Grass Planet also gave high ratings to these games:

4 Little Mice, by AppDude27 and TerrAquVen
Four little mice went to search for some cheese, one got trapped, and then there were three. Three little mice were playing with glue, one got a little too sticky, and then there were two. Two little mice were on the run. Kitty wouldn't...

Finals Week!, by Marchit00
You're about to play one of the first few games that ever existed at MAG - it was written in2001 (I was 21).This is the game that brought usvariables and was my first attempt at a game, and turned into a mini epic (that kept building...

Blackbirds, by Negative
"With blackbirds following me, I'm digging out my grave. They close in, swallowing me, the pain, it comes in waves. I'm getting back, what I gave.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 28 February 2021 at 2:37am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item