Play on ChooseYourStory.com

Slaying Song

by BradinDvorak

It seems youíve found yourself within
The troublesome affair
Of trekking through the timberland
To slay the dragon there.

They claim it a ferocious fiend;
However will you fare?

My entry for the December 2016 Ballad Contest.

License: Free
Development System: ChooseYourStory
TUID: 8u52vmqb1dvwdfi

Great Stuff, February 22, 2021
by Ogre (A Cave)

Wow. Great stuff here. And Iím not a ballad fan. I love the setup and the layout on the title page (this one where we are now), and I appreciate the credit for the drawing in the background, too. In the story the color and the font are excellent and work very well with the story and the setting. I love the pressure on the first page to do the bidding of the poor townsfolk!

I like the choices and how the affect the rest of the story. Some might say theyíre false choices, but the way they direct the action of the story is really, really good. And with a story of this type, I canít imagine the work that would be involved with making that number of unique paths, anyway.

This is a really great short story. The prose is just excellent and it is not at the expense of the story. This could even be a story without the prose, even if it were a short story. If I should ever feel the need to write a ballad, I will certainly return here for inspiration. In fact, anyone who wants to see a good story in ballad form should read this story!

If you enjoyed Slaying Song...