Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
1-9 of 9
- Mr. Patient (Saint Paul, Minn.), January 30, 2018
- Sam Kabo Ashwell (Seattle), January 14, 2014
- MKrone (Harsleben), February 18, 2012
3 of 6 people found the following review helpful:Buggy but amusing, July 10, 2011
by Emily ShortThis is speed-IF, and like many of its ilk, it's short and doesn't make much sense. The premise involves a robot who is your opponent in an eating contest, but the story goes in some unexpected directions from there, and the whole thing is pleasurably surreal.
Implementation is rocky enough that it may discourage some players. It's possible to run into game-stopping problems with this piece, as the implementation allows the player to re-enter previous game states by accident, and an important event depends on asking a character about the right topic. Puzzles are fairly easy, though one in particular may be under-hinted for people not familiar with the work of IF it's riffing on.
These issues aside, though, Light of My Stomach is peppy and entertaining, and contains a poem of such astounding awfulness that it must be seen to be believed. Those features lift it above the run of the mill in speed-IF, even if it's really not solid or coherent enough to compete with more serious games.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| Add a comment
- Emily Boegheim, May 27, 2011
- RandomExile, May 21, 2011
- perching path (near Philadelphia, PA, US), May 6, 2011
- Ghalev (Northeastern PA, United States), April 26, 2011
- Ben Cressey (Seattle, WA), April 25, 2011