Who Are You?

by TheWrittenSword profile

2017

A short jaunt about transitions. Written as a very self-indulgent piece for my friends, and as practice with Twine. First completed work using Twine.

First Publication Date: January 27, 2017
IFID: 2ACBCA3C-BEA0-46D3-91D8-349C86FB004F
TUID: 82yigf9wn67zqi94

A linear twine game about bizarre worlds, written for friends, June 5, 2017

This is a mid-length twine game written for a bunch of friends with some in-jokes. That type of game is usually very boring and/or poorly written.

But this game is actually very good; the writing is extremely creative. There are about 7 people whose lives you can influence with yes/no answers, presumably drawn from the author's friends. The true ending is poignant.

A great portrait of friendship.

Damn good game!, January 31, 2017
by kwheaton
Related reviews: mystery, surreal, fantasy

This is a very interesting use of the interactive fiction genre. The author did a great job of telling the stories and the pacing was spot on. I wish there had been a few more meaningful choices within each sub-story and I wish the ending had been a little more thoughtful but I really liked the way the author played with the tools of the genre.

If you enjoyed Who Are You?...