Ectocomp 2015
Contains ECTOCOMP_2015/La Petite Mort/narrative-of-the-halloween-ninjas.z5
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Story of the Shinoboo

by Adri profile

Humor

La Petite Mort entry in ECTOCOMP 2015.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2015
TUID: 73cbfktx8r8a1fxx

4th Place, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2015

A cute Halloween SpeedIF about a tiny Ninja, February 4, 2016

This was my favorite game of Ectocomp 2015, a SpeedIF competition where games were written in 2 hours or less. You play a tiny little ninja wandering around a small landscape with big pumpkins and friendly creatures.

The game just has a cute atmosphere. The puzzles are easy, and I solved them within 10 minutes.

Recommended as a good introduction to SpeedIf.

If you enjoyed The Story of the Shinoboo...

People who like The Story of the Shinoboo also gave high ratings to these games:

Detectiveland, by Robin Johnson
New Losago, 1929 - a town full of creeps, clowns, mobsters and, if you know where to look, the occasional honest citizen. Guide private investigator Lanson Rose through a series of puzzling cases: solve the city's liquor supply problem...

Old King Nebb, by Caleb Wilson (as Abandoned Pools)
In this work, you play as Absalome Pilcrow, a youth from Panzitoum on a walking tour. On the way to the Redfort, you stop by the palace of Old King Nebb and decide to explore it.

A Pilgrim, by Caleb Wilson (as Abandoned Pools)
A Pilgrim was written for ECTOCOMP 2020 in four hours. This version was not tested except by me, Abandoned Pools, who also wrote it.

The Story of the Shinoboo appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Cute games by MathBrush
These are games which are cute and/or sweet, in the sense that they are pleasant, relaxing, appropriate for children, or meant to warm your heart. This doesn't include absurdist games or more traditional fairy tales with strong elements...

The following polls include votes for The Story of the Shinoboo:

Games with easy English by Fitbos
I'm a Chinese guy who is really interested in text-based stuff, but my English is not very good for me to play games with hard English. Especially games with slangs every where. So I'm just looking for games that really written in easy...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by RavenWorks on 15 October 2018 at 1:19pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item