Ectocomp 2015
Contains ECTOCOMP_2015/La Petite Mort/narrative-of-the-halloween-ninjas.z5
Requires a Z-Code interpreter. Visit IFWiki for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Story of the Shinoboo

by Adri profile

Humor

La Petite Mort entry in ECTOCOMP 2015.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2015
TUID: 73cbfktx8r8a1fxx

4th Place, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2015

A cute Halloween SpeedIF about a tiny Ninja, February 4, 2016

This was my favorite game of Ectocomp 2015, a SpeedIF competition where games were written in 2 hours or less. You play a tiny little ninja wandering around a small landscape with big pumpkins and friendly creatures.

The game just has a cute atmosphere. The puzzles are easy, and I solved them within 10 minutes.

Recommended as a good introduction to SpeedIf.

If you enjoyed The Story of the Shinoboo...

People who like The Story of the Shinoboo also gave high ratings to these games:

Begegnung am Fluss, by Florian Edlbauer
"Wenn du über den Fluss kommst, hast du es geschafft. Dort ist der Wald so dicht, dass sie dich nie finden." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

Fat Ass, by Naomi Norbez (call me Bez)
Jupiter Johnson's deal with the devil is off. Soon, she will change.

Alabaster, by John Cater, Rob Dubbin, Eric Eve, Elizabeth Heller, Jayzee, Kazuki Mishima, Sarah Morayati, Mark Musante, Emily Short, Adam Thornton, Ziv Wities
The Queen has told you to return with her heart in a box. Snow White has made you promise to make other arrangements. Now that you're alone in the forest, it's hard to know which of the two women to trust. The Queen is certainly a witch...

The Story of the Shinoboo appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Cute games by MathBrush
These are games which are cute and/or sweet, in the sense that they are pleasant, relaxing, appropriate for children, or meant to warm your heart. This doesn't include absurdist games or more traditional fairy tales with strong elements...

The following polls include votes for The Story of the Shinoboo:

Games with easy English by Fitbos
I'm a Chinese guy who is really interested in text-based stuff, but my English is not very good for me to play games with hard English. Especially games with slangs every where. So I'm just looking for games that really written in easy...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by RavenWorks on 15 October 2018 at 1:19pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item