walkthrough.zip
Contains JIGSAW2.Z5
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Jigsaw 2

by Anonymous

Joke
2001

(author is Adam Cadre, but game is unsigned)

IFID: ZCODE-1-010421-DCC7
TUID: 4dzl5wzog6k6xtr6

Baf's Guide

An extremely trivial one-joke game; funny for as long as it takes to play. Only worth bothering with if you are familiar with the Graham Nelson original.

-- Emily Short

Emily Short’s Interactive Fiction Page
Walkthrough Comp
No, this game isn't really about the walkthrough. It's about the restless spirit of our age, and the quality of senselessness that pervades our lives, and the poetry inherent in nonsense. It's about bucking the system and being yourself and turning from the path and not doing what you're told. It puts us in the shoes we always knew we really belonged in. It sings. And, thank god, it does so briefly.

Brass Lantern
TelegramComp Games Review
Adam's game uses the competition walkthrough to humorous ends; I can even imagine this as him taking his "instead of saying 'it would be cool if', just go write the game" advice (see 9:05) to an extreme: noticing something amusing about the competition walkthrough, he chose to make the joke into a game rather than say it on ifMUD. I don't think it's worth saying more about it; suffice it to say I enjoyed it thoroughly for its entire length. (Sean Barrett)

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Zape on 27 February 2021 at 3:49am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item