bliss.gam

IFID: TADS2-E991195A50F30EB1364DBAC15EDF1C33
TUID: qjj154rsxz9uzedc

Off-Site Reviews

SynTax
At this stage Bliss is almost a text version of a slash 'em up, dealing as it does with a fairly standard plot while containing some nice action involving the sort of physical puzzles that tend to be cumbersome in IF, but handled here in a simple and effective fashion. Sounds a little cheesy I know, but don't let appearances grind you down before they're hatched. Bliss may appear to be a conventional D and D style adventure but it soon begins to hint at much more.
-- Nick Edmunds

>VERBOSE -- Paul O'Brian's Interactive Fiction Page

Overall, Bliss is definitely worth playing. Even as I write this review, I'm still having realizations about various elements of the game that continue to revise my perspective, which is a distinct pleasure. Also, its writing is almost completely free of grammar or spelling errors, which is something I've recently stopped taking for granted. I very much hope that the author takes into account the feedback he receives from competition authors and possibly a second round of beta testers, and releases a revised version of the game which stomps the bugs, enriches the puzzles, and cleans up the formatting errors (there are a few, though not many.) Once the polish is on, Bliss will be a very strong piece of short IF.

Page Update History

v.3: 06-Apr-2013 06:40 - Edward Lacey (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed external review links