News for The House of Mystery
News items are shown chronologically, from newest to oldest.
Show all items including deletions - Create a new item
Previous | << 1 >> | Next
The House of Mystery available on Text Adventures
October 14, 2018
Good News! You can now play the game online at textadventures.co.uk right now. I tried linking the game from there to here for an online play button, but it causes an error to occur so instead you can play it here
now. Link is in the description down at the bottom. Enjoy!
Note: Game has not been categorized yet at the time that this post has been published.
The House of Mystery (1.1.3)
September 30, 2018
Previous | << 1 >> | NextGo to the game's main page
- Fix the interpreter from "Vorple" to "Parchment" instead because Vorple is confusing to understand
- Certain puzzles have been tweaked to be less absurd or too easy
- Descriptions of various things have been modified for logical meaning
- Grammar issues fixed
- Solution file is added (Don't look at it if you don't want to be spoiled.)
- Forgiveness rating lowered (Can be changed if needed.)
- Maps pictures been remodeled for better or worse (If you don't like the new maps I'll change them back to the old ones or make better replacements. Their still in the games ".materials" folder just in case.)
- New Command(s) Added (Note: Some will not effect the overall gameplay.)
- Added color to certain texts (And when I mean by "certain texts" I mean like less than 5 words.)
- Name to certain creatures have been changed for reasons not yet explained
- Hint system implemented finally
- Source code is still available (Because the solutions file given is pretty dumb.)
- Credits option has been added to the Help Menu for organization purposes
- Endings & Deaths will now be recorded
- Intro has been tweaked
- More things added here and there
- Game added to www.intfiction.org (If it's not there now it will be soon.)
- Secret room added (Where is it? Figure it out.)
- More unmentioned options in the Help Menu
- More unmentioned bugs and fixes (Because I can't get things right the first time around. Thanks for sending me your feedback BTW.)
Check the "changelog.txt" file for more information.