temple.z5

The Temple

by Johan Berntsson

Lovecraftian
2002

You play as someone plagued by nightmares of falling, but in tonight's nightmare, you've somehow landed in in a strange alien city. With the time-lost Charles Bristow, you'll uncover the city's dark secrets, see unspeakable monsters, and learn of an evil ritual in the city's temple that must be stopped at all costs.

Baf's Guide ID: 1933
IFIDs:  ZCODE-1-020925-A216
ZCODE-2-021118-CA34
TUID: kq9qgjkf2k6xn1c0

Off-Site Reviews

>VERBOSE -- Paul O'Brian's Interactive Fiction Page

So now that I've railed on the game for being unoriginal and unpolished, let me take a moment to point out something I really liked about it. Early on in the action, you acquire a sort of "sidekick" NPC, who follows you through most of the story, and who himself becomes the crux of an optional puzzle... [H]e and the PC really function as a team in several instances. I'm writing a series of games that ostensibly feature a PC/NPC team, but thus far I've copped into having the PC do most of the work while the NPC has some excuse for being out of the action. I thought The Temple was an excellent example of how to really create interdependent action between a PC and an NPC, and it got me excited about the challenge of doing so in my next game. For that alone, it repaid the time I gave to it.

Page Update History

v.3: 30-Aug-2018 22:27 - David Welbourn (Current Version) - Edit Page - Normal View
Changed description, download links