News for PataNoir
News items are shown chronologically, from newest to oldest.
Show all items including deletions - Create a new item
Previous | << 1 >> | Next
Public Domain Dedication
August 16, 2020
The source code for PataNoir is now in the public domain, available above.
Please note that this does not include any of the art and music, which still belongs to the artists.
PataNoir is now 75% off on Steam!
April 24, 2018
PataNoir is now 75% off on Steam, as part of the Games from Denmark sale!
PataNoir 50% off for the Steam summer sale!
June 23, 2017
PataNoir is 50% off for the Steam summer sale! Buy it, so I will have more money!
PataNoir now available on Steam
June 2, 2016
PataNoir is now available on Steam, featuring an amazing simulated book interface, a never before seen map of the city, and 19 Steam achievements, the achievement of which will lead you through the hidden content in the game!
PataNoir on Steam Greenlight!
February 14, 2016
PataNoir is now on Steam Greenlight, featuring an amazing simulated book interface and a never before seen map of the city.
PataNoir is now available for iOS and Android
September 9, 2015
PataNoir is now available in a much improved app version, featuring professional illustrations and music, as well as more general polish.
Watch the promotional music video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1iKpSO-gY
Release 6 available, with new cover art
November 28, 2014
Release 6 of PataNoir is now available. This release includes new cover art by Tom Siddell of Gunnerkrigg Court fame.
- New cover art by Tom Siddell.
- Recompiled the code in I7 version 6L38, giving it that lovely new compiler smell.
- Added Numbered Disambiguation Choices, since the Inform bug affecting this extension has now been fixed.
- Changed tutorial font to plain italic, so it works on all interpreters.
Release 5 now available
December 4, 2013
Release 5 of PataNoir is now available. This release includes an interactive tutorial, and a simplified keyword parser interface.
Coming soon: Illustrated version, and app conversions for iOS and Android.
German translation now available!
December 2, 2013
The German translation of PataNoir is now finally out, and has its own IFDB page at https://ifdb.org/viewgame?id=j8pvi7xkiyglqb52.
Release 4 now available
November 13, 2012
Release 4 of PataNoir is now available, with lots of updates (SPOILERS):
- Lots of new custom responses to various commands.
- Inventory items are now sorted with figurative items at the top.
- Fixed a multitude of typos and grammatical errors.
- Itís now possible to interact with the floor in the entrance hall to the mansion while standing on the balcony above.
- Set your office ablaze! Tons of people wanted to set their office on fire by igniting the oil with the coal, so now you can.
- A pirate in the lake. Arrrrr! This is pure flavor, but many people felt that the pirate treasure chest in the lake, should have a metaphorical pirate guarding it.
- Examining the wheels on the chair now mentions that there is something stuck in them, which can be retrieved by moving the chair. Very few people tried moving the chair on their own.
- Ensured that the dialog in Coperniks office makes sense if you manage to solve the first puzzle without talking to him first.
- It is no longer necessary to throw the coin at Alfono to distract him, a solution which never made any sense. You can now distract him simply by talking to him, after getting rid of the businessman. The coin solution is still possible, but deprecated. It is no longer mentioned anywhere in the hints or walkthrough, nor will the game encourage you to throw things at Alfono.
Stay tuned for the German release, coming soon!
Preliminary post competition release
December 4, 2011
Previous | << 1 >> | NextGo to the game's main page
The latest competition update introduced a bug that prevents the game from ending when finished, so I have hurried up and completed a post-comp release.
The bug has been fixed, a nifty help menu has been added, and a few puzzles are hinted better, but apart from that there are no major changes. A more comprehensive revision is forthcoming, which will include better hinting for all the most difficult puzzles.